We are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
We inform you that LATERAL is an initiative developed by LATERAL COMPANY S.A., a company from Peru.
We may collect and process the following data about you:
• Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site www.lateral.org
• If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
• We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
• Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, and the resources that you access.
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer if you agree. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive.
The cookies we use are “analytical” cookies. They allow us to recognize and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around the site when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
We use the following cookies:
Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. Examples of what these cookies allow us to do:
• Remembering you when you return to our site.
• Allowing you to move to different parts of our site during your browsing session.
• Providing you with improved site functionality.
Analytical/performance cookies. These cookies allow us to improve the quality of our site and enhance your experience of using it. The cookies recognize and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. The information these cookies collect is anonymous. Examples of what these cookies allow us to do:
• Provide statistics on how our site is used, such as browser usage and number of visitors.
• Help us improve the site by measuring any errors which occur during your browsing experience.
You can find more information about cookies and how to manage them here: www.allaboutcookies.org
USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION
We use information held about you in the following ways:
• To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your device.
• To provide you with information that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
• To notify you about changes to our service.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise the right at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from other websites. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.